In Praise of Jammies

Clearly, a week of posts about all things sleep related would not be complete without a tribute to pajamas.  I think jammies are wonderful and wear them a lot.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I prefer to cook in pajamas.  This may raise some eyebrows, but if you've ever tried on a chef's outfit (and I have) they are basically pajamas with a nicer top (and a funny hat, but whatever).  The point is they are loose and comfortable.  Another reason I like to wear jammies when I cook is that I hate when my clothes smell like cooking.  So I change into pajamas while I cook

I also like to wear jammies when I clean.  I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's just because they are so comfortable!  I can zip around the house and get so much done when I am in my comfy jammas!

Of course, there are drawbacks to wearing jammies during non-pajama times.  It can be embarrassing if you get caught.  I try to have myself fixed up with hair and makeup so that I have a more "studied" pajama look if folks should drop by, but it doesn't always work.

I got caught in jammies the other day.  I had a lot of running around to do in town, and so I got up early to get everything done, but I was tired when the alarm clock went off and still tired when I got home.  So I decided I would take a nap.  It worked out well because my husband was coming off a back shift so he was sleeping too.  I popped into my jammies and snuggled into bed, ready for a nice refreshing nap, when I heard it.  The doorbell.  The cable guy had stopped by to confirm an appointment and do some preliminary work.  Even though I still had freshly coiffed hair and was wearing makeup, there was no explaining why I was wearing my blue puppy dog pajamas at 1:30 in the afternoon.  Sigh.

Oh well, such is the price we pay for comfort!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and that you get to enjoy sleep-ins and lots and lots of time in your jammies!  Next week I will have an update on the Great Green Spring Cleaning Challenge, and lots of other fun stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I love my jammies, and do I care who sees me NO, I hate to get ready for work, cause it means I have to get dressed in something other than jammies, I live in jammies all weekend, except, now that the weather is getting nicer, and I am out in the garden etc. its clothes for me.. and for walking the dog, but soon as I am home its back into my jammies.. love the sales that come on and I can get nice jammies, to lounge about in... thanks for your post, found it interesting who would have thought to write about mine oh and Tashas, and lots of people I know fave garb to wear.. hope you are doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I am the queen of jammies if I could wear them to work I would :) the first thing I do when I get home is jump into my jammies I don't care who sees me in them as you know lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my pjs -- fab post. Looking forward to learning more about your spring cleaning challenge. Now following.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! I really appreciate when you take the time to comment, and I read every one!