A Very Nesty Christmas - Pattycake Manners Guest Post Mini Album Tutorial

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, 
and try to keep it all the year."
~Charles Dickens

Hi Everyone!  Sorry I've been missing for a day or so...I've been busy getting my Nest ready for the holidays and so I decided to give myself a day off!  However, to make up to you for missing yesterday's post, today I have a special treat!  My cousin Ainsley from Pattycake Manners is guest posting today and she has prepared a wonderful tutorial for a mini album that you could prepare to give as a gift, or keep for yourself.  Either way, it is a perfect way to "honour Christmas and keep it in your heart" all the year long!  I know I can't wait to make a few and I think it will be the perfect project to fill the quieter days after the holidays! Take it away, Ains!
 
"Hi folks! Ainsley here, from Patty Cake Manners
Kim and I have been playing with the idea of me popping over 
and guest posting on Nesty for a while now. We knew we wanted 
it to be something a little crafty, and since scrapbooking is kind of 
my thing, we thought I might go that route. Enter the arrival of the 
Christmas season, and there was no question as to what I 
wanted to share with all of you. I designed this little 
accordion album last year, while trying to figure out a unique
way to send some "cute kid" photos to my Mom.  Since then, 
this album has taken on a life of its own. I've made oddles 
of them for gifts, and have done them in a number of 
themes. I've used it in my paper crafting classes, and have 
passed on the "recipe" to family and friends. 


And now I'm happy to be passing it on to you during my visit
to the Nest!
 
1.  Gather your supplies. You'll need the following.
 
1 sheet of 12 X 12 cardstock
2 or 3 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock in co-ordinating colors
scraps of patterned paper
embellishments ( buttons, fancy brads, rub-ons, stickers etc)
brads
ribbon
inks and stamps
paper trimmer
scoring blade
paper piercer
adhesive
scissors
 
2.  Cut two 4" X 12" strips of cardstock for the base of your 
album.  Score each strip at 4" and 8" and fold at creases. 
Overlap two ends and adhere, to create a 5 page accordion 
album.
 
3.  From co-ordinating cardstock, cut four 3 3/4" squares, 
and four 3 1/2" squares. For best results, alternate colors 
as shown.
 
4.  From patterned paper, cut four 3 1/4" squares.
 
5.  Layer your patterned paper squares, your 3 1/2" squares, 
and your 3 3/4" squares on top of each other with a bit of 
adhesive. I like to offset them just a bit.
 
 
6.  Adhere your finished "layers" to pages 2,3,4, and 5 of your
 album, leaving page 1 for your title. (Make sure your title 
page is folding towards you, NOT opening like a book)
 
 
7.  Embellish one corner of each page with buttons, fancy 
brads, etc.
 
8.  Pierce holes in the remaining 3 corners of each page, and
use small brads to secure your "layers" to the album base.
 
9.  Your title page can be made in the same fashion as your 
other pages, using coordinating cardstock in 1/4" increments,
 scraps of patterned paper, and brads.  Embellish your cover 
with more buttons, brads, rub-ons, stickers etc, and stamp
 a sentiment if you wish.
 
10.  Cut a 16" length of ribbon and adhere to the back of 
your album, centering the ribbon top to bottom and left to
 right. This can be used to tie your album closed with a little
 bow in the front.
 
11.  Add four 2 3/4 photos to pages 2 to 5.
 
You now have a lovely little scrapbook, perfect for sharing
 photos with a loved one, or for keeping just for you!
 
* For information about any of the supplies used in this 
project, please visit my Stampin' Up! website!
 
What an awesome project, Ains!  Once again, thank you!
This should go without saying, but if you are going to share
Ainsley's design on another blog, PLEASE do the right thing and
give credit, and a link, where it is due!  Thank you one and
all for keeping Blogland a friendly and ethical place to 
share our great ideas!  

2 comments:

  1. This would be a wonderful gift for the grandparents. Excellent tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial. Thanks

    Val

    www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! I really appreciate when you take the time to comment, and I read every one!