"I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year."
Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been missing for a day or so...I've been busy getting my Nest ready for the holidays and so I decided to give myself a day off! However, to make up to you for missing yesterday's post, today I have a special treat! My cousin Ainsley from Pattycake Manners is guest posting today and she has prepared a wonderful tutorial for a mini album that you could prepare to give as a gift, or keep for yourself. Either way, it is a perfect way to "honour Christmas and keep it in your heart" all the year long! I know I can't wait to make a few and I think it will be the perfect project to fill the quieter days after the holidays! Take it away, Ains!
"Hi folks! Ainsley here, from Patty Cake Manners.
Kim and I have been playing with the idea of me popping over
and guest posting on Nesty for a while now. We knew we wanted
it to be something a little crafty, and since scrapbooking is kind of
my thing, we thought I might go that route. Enter the arrival of the
Christmas season, and there was no question as to what I
wanted to share with all of you. I designed this little
accordion album last year, while trying to figure out a unique way to send some "cute kid" photos to my Mom. Since then,
this album has taken on a life of its own. I've made oddles
of them for gifts, and have done them in a number of
themes. I've used it in my paper crafting classes, and have
passed on the "recipe" to family and friends.
And now I'm happy to be passing it on to you during my visit
to the Nest!
1. Gather your supplies. You'll need the following. 1 sheet of 12 X 12 cardstock 2 or 3 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock in co-ordinating colors scraps of patterned paper embellishments ( buttons, fancy brads, rub-ons, stickers etc) brads ribbon inks and stamps paper trimmer scoring blade paper piercer adhesive scissors
2. Cut two 4" X 12" strips of cardstock for the base of your
album. Score each strip at 4" and 8" and fold at creases.
Overlap two ends and adhere, to create a 5 page accordion
3. From co-ordinating cardstock, cut four 3 3/4" squares,
and four 3 1/2" squares. For best results, alternate colors
4. From patterned paper, cut four 3 1/4" squares.
5. Layer your patterned paper squares, your 3 1/2" squares,
and your 3 3/4" squares on top of each other with a bit of
adhesive. I like to offset them just a bit.
6. Adhere your finished "layers" to pages 2,3,4, and 5 of your
album, leaving page 1 for your title. (Make sure your title
page is folding towards you, NOT opening like a book)
7. Embellish one corner of each page with buttons, fancy
8. Pierce holes in the remaining 3 corners of each page, and
use small brads to secure your "layers" to the album base.
9. Your title page can be made in the same fashion as your
other pages, using coordinating cardstock in 1/4" increments,
scraps of patterned paper, and brads. Embellish your cover
with more buttons, brads, rub-ons, stickers etc, and stamp
a sentiment if you wish.
10. Cut a 16" length of ribbon and adhere to the back of
your album, centering the ribbon top to bottom and left to
right. This can be used to tie your album closed with a little
bow in the front.
11. Add four 2 3/4 photos to pages 2 to 5.
You now have a lovely little scrapbook, perfect for sharing
photos with a loved one, or for keeping just for you! * For information about any of the supplies used in this
project, please visit my Stampin' Up! website!
What an awesome project, Ains! Once again, thank you!
This should go without saying, but if you are going to share
Ainsley's design on another blog, PLEASE do the right thing and
give credit, and a link, where it is due! Thank you one and
all for keeping Blogland a friendly and ethical place to
share our great ideas!