|My new apron!!|
|Don't you just love rick rack!|
I finished most of the apron in one evening. I made a few changes. I added a contrast to the end of the ties, and I decided to make the patch pockets in a contrast as well. I was really pleased with the results! The other change I made was on the neck ties; the pattern called for a button hole, but since I don't have much experience with button holes I used velcro tabs and sewed the button on top instead. My mom made this suggestion and it worked perfectly. If I made the apron again, I would adjust it so that the neck ties were either long enough to actually tie, or were sewn into place. I found it difficult to find the perfect place to place the velcro. Also, I am going to make the bib a bit longer so it will have a bit more of a custom fit.
|Contrast on Ties!|
I'm feeling all inspired now to host a dinner party or wield a feather duster...there's just something about aprons!
|Tinky likes my apron, too!|